It’s a place for our community (Woodbridge, NJ) to share stories and information about local resources to keep and get healthy. We will have reviews and recommendations written by our neighbors.
We will share our thoughts about what primary care should look like for us and we will support each other.
We will be discussing doctors and clinics, but mostly places or people that can help with things we need to do every day to keep healthy. We are going to doctors’ appointments from time to time, but we need to do self-care, eat and be active every single day. We need emotional energy and strength to show up and be able to be with our families and do the things we know we need to do for our health.
- I like to go to that yoga place half an hour away, but what if there’s a yoga place near my home?
- Is there any neighbor that could help with some of the things I need to do?
- I wish I could eat healthier, but I can’t find anything close by and I’m too tired to cook.
I hope we will get answers to these questions, learn more about each other and support each other in the process.
For now, “us” is just me – Ileana – I live and work in Woodbridge.
But this is not intended to be my site, it’s a community website. I hope that soon others will step up to help and we can join forces in making the website better. If you want to learn more or if you want to help, please email email@example.com
What is in it for me?
You will get free reviews and recommendations about local resources: businesses and people from the community that can help keep or get you healthy.
If you want to keep in touch, subscribe to our newsletter:
Email Address *
Email Direct Mail Customized Online Advertising
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Can I help?
- If you want to rave about a place or someone in the community that helped you get or keep healthy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a suggestion or criticism about a place or someone’s service in the community that helps you get or keep healthy, please email email@example.com
- If you want to learn more or if you are inspired to help in any way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*All stories will be curated, and possibly edited for clarity. Suggestions and criticisms will not be public, we will send them in private messages.
How is this website funded?
For now, I am funding the very basic WordPress website with free services through Google, MailChimp and Facebook.
I think we pay too much for healthcare, I want this to be for everyone and I can’t imagine charging anyone more for health.
I think the community will come together to produce great content. I hope we will inspire and help each other.
Once we get some traction, I will apply to be a not-for-profit and get grants. This is a worthy cause that will be an example for other communities and I think foundations will be interested in sponsoring our project.
I will not install ads, will not sell anyone’s data and will not accept any money or services from anyone with any interest in getting your attention.